Temple Alumni Global Day of Service
Showcase your Owl pride by participating in the TUAA’s Global Day of Service. Join fellow alumni in your area for local charity events and demonstrate how the Temple community can change the world!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the inaugural Global Day of Service on Saturday, November 9, and demonstrated the transformative power of the Temple community. Temple alumni, students and friends beautified city gardens, cleaned neighborhood streets, and distributed coats and supplies to underserved communities. The effort included more than 400 registrants and 27 volunteer events in 13 cities, 8 states and 3 countries.
View photos from the 2013 Global Day of Service.
How to Get Involved
Conduct a clothing collection, write to soldiers, clean up a community park, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or visit a local hospital—the choice is yours! Below are a few ideas to help you think about service activities that you can do:
- Donate blood
- Serve food at a soup kitchen
- Donate gently used clothing and toys
- Volunteer at your local hospital or retirement community
- Sign up for the Supporting Temple’s Admissions Recruitment (S.T.A.R.) Program
- Help at or donate supplies to your local animal shelter
- Pick up litter in a local park or along a highway
- Provide career coaching to fellow Owls
- Donate food items to your local food bank
- Help someone learn to read
- Donate books to your local library
- Donate toiletry items to a local shelter
- Write to soldiers
- Become a TemPAL and mentor an international student
- Coach a child’s sports team
Are you an eager Owl looking to become a Site Leader and organize a Global Day of Service event in your region? We can help! All you have to do is provide the great idea and gather a few friends, family members and fellow Owls; we'll provide the tools to help ensure a successful event, including FREE Volunteer T-shirts.
For more information on how to become a Global Day of Service Site Leader, Click here.