During the last Global Days of Service, more than 450 volunteers from 17 cities came together to make a difference in their communities. From the Ronald McDonald House to Project HOME, we gave our time and energy to organizations all across Philadelphia—and the world.
This year, we hope to do even more. Our goal is to reach 500 total worldwide volunteers prior to the start of our first service project on April 24. Join us in achieving our goal.
Unable to volunteer at one of our designated service sites? You can still make an impact!
- Make a donation on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, during Temple’s 24-hour donor marathon, Temple Toast.
- Conduct an activity of your own; the opportunities are endless. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Donate blood.
- Collect sporting equipment for a town group.
- Serve food at a soup kitchen or shelter.
- Donate gently used clothing and toys.
- Volunteer at your local hospital or retirement community.
- Help beautify your city.
- Help at, or donate supplies to your local animal shelter.
- Deliver meals to homebound individuals.
- Pick up litter in a local park or highway.
- Donate food items to your local food bank.
- Donate books to your local library.
- Collect coats for the homeless.
- Donate toiletry items to a local shelter.
- Write letters and send supplies to soldiers overseas.
- Plant a tree.
Whatever you do, let us know about it! Submit your service to have your good deed count towards the Temple University Global Days of Service impact!